Wednesday, April 8, 2009

8dp5dt -- 2WW, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out

I seem to have rounded the corner on the bitchiness, and am feeling almost serene today. I'm pretty much convinced I'm not pregnant, and that the PIO shots are just barely staving off a raging period. I'm certainly not going to be happy if tomorrow's results back up my suspicion, but I'm prepared to move forward with next steps. We knew going in that it was going to be a coin toss at best.

So, as the time drrraaaagggs by, I'm trying to focus on the things that are making me smile today:

1) The big, lopsided circles on my butt where the Mr. had to re-tattoo me with a Sharpie for my PIO shots.

2) The furry little purry kitty head that was on my pillow this morning when I woke up. (Not making me smile as much -- the furry little piece of kitty hair that it took me 20 minutes to get out of my eye.)

3) The fact that it only took me 5 minutes to get through the Bay Bridge Toll Plaza this morning on the way to work.

4) The fact that the Mr. will have dinner waiting for me when I get home tonight.

5) The big bowl of pho I just ate. (Yes, it's all about food with me right now.)

6) The fact that in 24 or so hours, I will either be celebrating or drinking very good red wine out of a VERY LARGE glass.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the toes. Thanks for the nomination! It is my first. It has been a pleasure getting to know you. Thinking good thoughts for you.
Erica

Carrie said...

I am hoping you are wrong, but glad you have a plan for some red wine tomorrow night, just in case. I always have a just in case, usually involving alcohol!

I am sending out big hugs and good vibes, hoping this is your cycle. We are here for you of course, either way!

Hugs!
Carrie

C said...

good luck tomorrow. i am sending good ju ju your way!

sunflowerchilde said...

Aw, a furry, purry kitty on my pillow would make me smile, too, how cute!

Hey, we're practically neighbors! And I'm terribly sorry that you have to commute over the Bay Bridge, I can't imagine how much that would suck.

Thanks for the award! It will probably take me a while to get around to doing the steps, but I'll give it my best shot!

I'm hoping against hope for a BFP for you tomorrow, but the very large glass of very good red wine sounds like a good back-up plan.

Emily said...

Sounds like you have amazing perspective right now. I have everything crossed for you! GL tomorrow - I will thinking of you all day!

My Endo Journey said...

Good luck tomorrow! We are all rooting for you!!!!

And, so, I'm wondering...you have to mark yourself where the shots go? Yeah, I've put off looking into this stuff until last minute, right?

Barefoot said...

MEJ, the nice nurses tattoed me after my egg retrieval -- basically two circles on your upper butt. Apparently the chances of hitting a big vein are greater if you do the shots too high or too low. I don't know -- I just shut my eyes and leave it for the Mr. to deal with. It's really not that bad.

K said...

Thanks for my first ever award...I love reading your blog. Now if I can just figure out how to do all the linky things. My DH did the Bay Bridge reverse for 3 years while I did the Golden Gate. Anxiously awaiting your beta, BTW. And,I caved into temptation...sigh.

Anonymous said...

Pho. Now I want some.

I will be waiting with you for the beta results.

Barefoot said...

K, you did? Anxiously awaiting blog update!

Faith said...

Amen, sista. Fingers crossed for both of us tomorrow!

K said...

Not going to update the blog yet...note the sigh.... :(
DH says just wait now.

Barefoot said...

K, sorry about the sigh. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

littlesteps said...

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking about you. And thanks so much for the award! My first one! Now I just have to figure out how to work it :)

babyinterrupted said...

Thanks for the award! That will keep me busy tonight (rather than the twice-hourly panty-checking parade, as you so aptly noted...glad it's not just me). I'll be praying for you tomorrow and hoping for great results.

Amber said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Good luck tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

OK, well even if you don't think you are, I'm still absolutely hopeful for you! Good, good luck tomorrow, and may your hubby get to drink all the red wine.