Monday, April 27, 2009

Wii got busted

Well, actually, I got busted. By my Wii Fit.

We got a Wii Fit for Christmas, and for many a week I dutifully logged in every day, tracking my weight, logging my workouts, and doing some yoga. I loved it, and spent months trying to get the Mr. to get on board. Finally, just as I was starting my IVF needle habit, he started to use it for his weekly weigh-in. (Don't even get me started on how he's been able to work out an extra day or two a week and drop 10 pounds. NOT FAIR.)

Last week, I was in the shower while he was weighing in. I hear him running down the hall and into the bathroom, shouting "BUUUUUSSSSTED!!!"

Apparently my darling little Wii Fit ratted me out. "Have you seen Barefoot? She hasn't logged in for 45 days!" And then: "Maybe you should keep a closer eye on her, so that she can reach her weight loss goals!"

My goals right now? To not bust out of my pants before the end of the first trimester. Extra points if I can avoid a new bra purchase for another month.

And maybe to unhook the Wii Fit. We'll see how sassy he is when he's unplugged.

13 comments:

Mr. Shelby said...

Hahah, I could so write this post right now.

I kept telling myself that I'll use it every day, but man, Wii-Fit will bust me when I turn it on...

Mr. Shelby

Anonymous said...

I started getting mildly irked with my Wii when I would get on and it would say, sadly and in a demeaning kind of way "That's obese!"

PFFT! :P

iclw

Amber said...

Pretty amazing how much the Wii Fit keeps track of huh?! We just got one in my house, but I haven't stepped on it yet...maybe I should wait a while now? ha!

Carrie said...

Ha! I love it! I would fail any test of fitness right now... trying to consume lots of calories, actually!

I had to break down and buy another bra, so no shame in it. :)

Hugs!
Carrie

Emily said...

LMAO!!!! I hate that little b*astard WiiMan. I would bet mine is about that long too...teehee

sunflowerchilde said...

My guy NEVER gains weight, and if we had a competition to lose weight he'd win in less than a week. It IS unfair. And I wouldn't take that from a machine - go ahead and unplug that thing!

Anonymous said...

I wanted to buy a Wii, just for the fit. But if it is a snitch, I don't know if I want it afterall!

I had to buy bras this weekend. I have grown 2 cup sizes in 4 weeks.

Scrambled Egg said...

Yeah, my wii fit called me my dh's name because I had been gone so long. Silly wii fit. Have you tried Fitness Trainer for the wii? It doesn't use the fit board, but I really like it!

K said...

LOL!

Missy said...

That is so funny!

sara said...

That's so funny. I want a wii and now I'll always think of you! Congrats on your good news of expecting by the way :-)

iclw

Katie said...

Don't ya just hate that! It's like the Wii is a tattle-tale. I also hate when I step on and she goes "uh" like I've squashed her.

ICLW

Tracy said...

LOL!! I'm sure mine would say "T hasn't logged in for 157 days!" I hate that feature!