Friday, April 24, 2009

FabFooFri, Round 5, and some other stuff

For those of you new to the blog, I usually talk about food on Friday. I call it Fabulous Food Friday, which is not original but does use a lot of Fs. Today, I'm going to digress a bit, since I'm pretty much trying to avoid pungent smells or any thoughts of pungent smells these days.

But first, a couple of updates. I know you all are dying to know how my boobs are doing. In a word: bigger. It's unbelievable. The Mr. is enthralled; I am disgusted. I guess the silver lining is that they are distracting the world from my stomach, which is a little pooch-a-licious right now.

The other piece of fantastic news from yesterday's appointment is that I got the all-clear to start working out again. I'm not supposed to go crazy, but I can walk, bike and swim, which makes me so very happy. I went to the gym this morning for the first time in weeks, and I feel so much better today. I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up my pre-IVF 5-6 day-a-week regimen, but I think even half that will help me combat fatigue, bloat and all of the other fun things that are going on right now.

So, FabFooFriday. Or in this case, FabBritFriday. The "Brit" is Ms. Britney Spears, whose concert I attended on Wednesday night, somewhat against my will. I have to say, though, that the show (and the fans) were very entertaining. My take-aways:

1. If you are a single guy (because I'm sure there are loads of you reading this blog), get yourself to a Britney concert ASAP. It will be like shooting fish in a barrel. Squealing, stampeding fish.

2. The fashions that Britney sports do not work for the average person. Seriously. I mean, I donned my share of crucifixes and black lace during the Madonna era, but no one over 18 (or under, for that matter) needs to wear hot pants unless you are a certain kind of professional.

3. Speaking of Madonna, hasn't she already done the whole writhing on a bed while simulating self-stimulation thing? Does another generation of young minds really need to be subjected to this sight? If Wednesday night was any indication, apparently so.

4. I am now somewhat terrified that my unborn child(ren) will spring from my loins as huge Britney fans. The sound system was so effing loud, I'm quite certain "If U Seek Amy" is now part of their genetic makeup.

And finally, because it's FabFooFriday:

My hot dog and soft pretzel were delish.

12 comments:

Hillary said...

lol, I LOVED your thoughts from the Britney concert. Too funny.

ICLW
makingmemom.blogspot.com

Mr. Shelby said...

Great post, though squealing, stampeding fish does not sound fun :)

I've enjoyed reading your posts, good luck! You're a few weeks behind Shelby, and I look forward to watching your progress.

Mr. Shelby (from iclw)

My Endo Journey said...

You are a trip!!! Man, sounds like there was a lot to take in there!

Cara said...

Wow - an experience to be sure!! And - fyi - boob expansion, here's my take.

Now: Hubby = enthralled ; You = disgusted

Later: (during the shinkage phase) Hubby = disgusted
You = enthralled

What goes around comes around!
Iclw

Anonymous said...

My boobs have grown 2 cup sizes since the beginning of the month. I absolutely have to go buy new bras this weekend because the ones I have just aren't working anymore.

I am glad the pretzel were good!!

Emily said...

I am so jealous of your Brit concert exp! We missed her on her swing through DC.

Happy to hear the boob update :)

I am sooooo bloated, its gross.

I read today that water aerobics is awesome for us mommies to be and really helps come L&D.

..al said...

Congrats on your pregnancy...Your feet look great!

*ICLW*

michaela said...

OMG I laughed so hard reading your post! LOVE the Britney stuff! Oh and I was definitely hoping for a boob update so thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved the Brit report too! Sounds fun. Hope you are enjoying the weekend :)

Stacie said...

Here from ICLW.

Ha! Your Britney recap was hilarious. :-)

Congrats on the pregnancy! Totally jealous about the boobs, though. I was pregnant with TWINS and stayed in the same bra throughout pregnacy only to go down a size (almost not possible--ahem) afterward. Yep. Totally jealous.

JW Moxie said...

Congratulations on your new pregnancy, and I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!

Your comments about Britney's concert were hilarious!

ICLW

wineandroasts said...

Great description: I feel now like I've been there - thanks for taking the bullet for all of us!

ICLW