The Chicklette continues to get cuter (I think, anyway). My work schedule continues to get crazier. The Mr. and I continue to fail to find ways to spend any meaningful time together. Lather, rinse, repeat. I can't complain. If I get a couple of glasses of pinot in me, I will, but generally life is good.
A few observations:
- A barley cereal beard on a baby is a really awesome look.
- It's really hard to lose that last pooch of pregnancy belly. I think I sort of understand Mom Jeans now.
- Losing all of your status on United because you didn't fly for 8 months and having to fly in Economy Minus in a plane to the east coast that's packed like a sardine can is Not Fun. Sleeping for 8 straight hours in a hotel bed after downing a Tylenol PM, however, is.
- Getting fishhooked by a baby is about as much fun as it sounds.
- It is possible to get promoted after coming back from maternity leave.
- It's also possible to completely forget what it feels like to be pregnant.
- Paying 10 extra dollars to see Twilight: Eclipse in IMAX was totally worth it.
- There can never be too much pink.
- Or too much laundry detergent.
Happy weekend, everyone!