Friday, April 17, 2009

Trifecta (and FabFooFri #5)

Despite my ever-expanding chestal region, I have to admit I've been feeling a little anxious the last couple of days about symptoms. I've been feeling tired and a little queasy, but it's been weird adjusting to long periods of no information after weeks of constant IVF updates. I actually managed to work myself into a little tizzy last night.

But this morning I woke up (after having a bit of an improper dream involving Dr. Gregory House -- WTF?) to the trifecta -- nausea, headache, and fatigue so extreme that I'm pretty sure I nodded off standing up in the shower. I am struggling mightily at work today -- TGI frickin' F -- and am so excited to get to sleep in a little tomorrow and have some serious weekend nappage.

Oh, and I actually did briefly trap a cat under one of my boobs last night. He survived, but I'm pretty sure he's sleeping on the Mr.'s side of the bed tonight.

Aaaaanyway, it's Friday. And it's the first Friday after Lent. So not only can I talk about food, but I can talk about beef. Tasty, tasty beef. It's shaping up to be a beautifully warm weekend, so I think we're going to kick things off by barbecuing up a flank steak, with a kick-ass marinade that I adopted from Epicurious (I think). It's really simple and really really good.

Flank Steak (or other grillable beef) Marinade

2 c. red wine (doesn't have to be great, but shouldn't be dreck. Cabs and Shirazes seem to work best)
1/4 c. soy sauce
1 T olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped (fresh is waaaay better than jarred)
1/2 t dried rosemary
1/2 t dried oregano
1 t dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Add meat, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Grill and enjoy!

9 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my goodness - my mouth is watering. I do believe I may be craving a steak myself!

Nice symptoms you've got going on - hope they are not enough to knock you on your arse though. I got good advice last night from a pg friend, do what you can now while you feel decent, b/c you never know when pregnancy is going to kick your ass. She was literally in bed whenever she wasn't at work from week 7-13. I think I may take her advice!
Happy Friday!

My Endo Journey said...

Yummers!

My Endo Journey said...

PS:
Thanks for the reassurance about the mock transfer. I was hoping someone would say that! :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm.

babyinterrupted said...

The cat/boob image is cracking me up. Poor cat: just the first of MANY adjustments to come. Enjoy the steak! Sounds great.

Anonymous said...

YUM!! I think I need to go eat dinner pronto. I love reading about your symptoms, because I can only hope that mine will be about a week behind yours. My lucky cats are in NO danger, though, as a B-cup my entire life.

Hope you are enjoying this HOT weekend and napping away!

Anonymous said...

Those sound like some great symptoms!

Peaches said...

rotflmao!!!!!!! The poor cat..now that was a good visual! Hope the symptoms ease up=before you the shower gets the best of ya :)

starky said...

I'm laughing my butt off at your Dr House dream. When I found myself coming out of a hormonal haze (I was undiagnosed hypothyroid for a few years), I had a sex dream featuring Brad Pitt. He wasn't my first choice - or my LAST, either - but what can you do?