Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy purgatory

How's that for an oxymoron? But that's how I feel....we're still waiting for something (next Thursday's ultrasound), but it feels completely different than last week's soul-crushing, all-distracting, panty-checking waiting.

I know enough to know that there's a whole boatload of things that can go wrong in the coming weeks and months. But I am trying my best to be a happy pregnant person for as long as I possibly can. And not fall asleep on my desk, because that's where I'm totally heading right now.

The only bump in the road of this past happy weekend was our movie selection last night: Marley & Me. If you are cycling and/or otherwise full of hormones, I urge you to stay away from this evil movie cloaked behind a cute puppy on the DVD box. Sure, there are cute puppies and many other cute doggie things, but you will pay for every second of cuteness with the SADDEST ENDING EVER. I have seen the Mr. cry slightly twice in the 10 years I've known him, and he was shaking and sobbing and bawling (so was I, but I cry watching Grey's Anatomy so am not a good barometer).

Oh, and there's a bad sonogram scene. I tells ya, leave Marley on the damn shelf. Eric Dane doesn't even make it worth the heartache.

8 comments:

Emily said...

ah! we're always waiting for something, aren't we? hope your wait is short!

i bawled through the book & movie - I am like u though!

i have been curious what your symptoms have been?

Jo said...

I loved Marley and Me! I even blogged about it when it was still in theaters.

I am the proud owner of two white labs who are equally spunky -- my hubby and I felt like we were watching ourselves on the screen. And the underlying "subfertile" theme just made it hit home all the more.

Being somewhat a sucker for such movies (and enjoying a good cry) is what makes me recommend this movie. In fact, I'm adding it to my Netflix account right now!

:-) Hugs,
Jo

My Endo Journey said...

Yeah-that movie was ROUGH! Not a dry eye in the house!!! I refuse to watch it again. ;)

Carrie said...

Sorry you are still in purgatory! I know, it sucks. I look so forward to them, and dread them at the same time. I had a good one today, but then I start thinking about the next one, cause I am crazy like that. ;)

I am glad you are enjoying pregnancy now, and all is sedating side effects. Speaking of that, off for a nap.

HUGS!
Carrie

K said...

Thanks for the tip on the movie! Will check back on Thursday! :)

Faith said...

That movie has to be rough -- I sobbed my way through the book! Hang in there on the waiting, good things are still coming for you!

Ms. Perky said...

I'm just now seeing your news, and I'm so, so, so happy for you. I know that there are many hurdles to jump from here, but congratulations on jumping the first few.

Tori said...

Hi, I have checked out your blog a couple of times, and just started "following" it. Congrats on your pregnancy!!
So, I'm computer illiterate and not sure if there's another way you can send messages, lol, but I saw that your are from Norhtern Cali, I am as well, and my husband and I just found out that we are going to be doing IVF. I'm looking for a semi close support/information group. I'd love to have some people close to talk to, especially people who have had successful IVF experiences.
I'd love to hear from you, my email is vnradcliffe@sbcglobal.net