Monday, April 20, 2009

Nerves, nerves, nerves

Well, the party couldn't last forever. I am now officially Very Nervous about Thursday's ultrasound. I spent the weekend analyzing every abdominal twang, yawn and boob throb. And the fact that I'm not puking. And that I only took one 3-hour nap, not two.

Intellectually, I know that I'm not going to have every pregnancy symptom in the book (probably). But I also know that progesterone could still be causing some of these symptoms, and that I could be having textbook symptoms and still have a bad ultrasound. Does the worrying ever stop?!? (I know the answer to this.)

I sense that the Mr. is having similar concerns, although we haven't really spoken about it. A week ago, we were joking about the baby needing pizza, or a backrub, or to watch American Idol instead of SportsCenter. The giddy jokes have tapered off, which is a little sad. I'm praying that we have reason on Thursday to ramp them back up again.

On a lighter note, we did allow ourselves one brief moment of baby-related revelry. We walked into town on Saturday night for dinner, and stopped to browse in -- GASP! -- Pottery Barn Kids. I've spent a fair amount of time in baby stores buying what seems like a hundred baby shower gifts in the last year, but the Mr. had never really been involved. It was pretty cute watching him inspect the cribs, sit in the gliders, and mull over whether he could live with a roomful of pink accessories should the Peanut be a Pea-nette.

And then we went out for Mexican food.

Because baby needed some refried beans.

22 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my goodness, I could TOTALLY have written this exact post. I am still 2 long weeks away from u/s, but for some reason after a weekend on Cloud 9 (we totally snuck into PBK too! DH fell in love with the Lullaby Glider - cutest thing ever) my anxiety and over analysis is SKY high today. I can't shake it. I get my 2nd beta results any minute and I think I might hurl and it has nothing to do with being pregnant!

Wishing you peace and patience in the next few days!!! HUGS

babyinterrupted said...

I don't blame you at all - I'm sure I would feel the same way. Sending a ton of good wishes your way.

Carrie said...

Oh, Dear. You are in GOOD company. I am constantly analyzing every symptom, or lack of symptom, and generally freaking out about all of it (as you know from reading my FREAK out posts). It doesn't go away, but I am so confident you'll see a perfect little bean with a perfect little heartbeat and feel so much better. For a while. ;)

We are all hear to listen to your worries, so don't hold back. It makes me feel more sane.

Hang in there! So soon!

Hugs,
Carrie

Amy said...

I'll be thinking good thoughts for a great ultrasound.

Also, you're scaring me about the boob thing. I'm afraid given I'm starting with DDDs! I can only imagine! Yikes!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I found ur blog through IComLeavWE. I am wishing you the best for your upcoming ultrasound. Try to not to overanalyze every symptom or lack of. I love PB Kids. And can't wait for the day I make my first purchase. I will be thinking of you this week!!

Anonymous said...

I would kill for Mexican food. We don't have anywhere good here for Mexican.

I am in a permanent state of denial, it has helped to keep the anxiety at bay.

My Endo Journey said...

I'm sure I'd be feeling the same way. We've all worked so hard to get to that very point; so, I assume it's normal. Thursday will be here before you know it. Until then, enjoy your refried beans and pizza. Hmmm, how about a Mexican pizza?!

Faith said...

Come on now, chin UP! Come on Thursday :) Can't wait to see more good news!

Caz said...

Sending lots of good thoughts your way!

In Due Time said...

Sending many prayers and good wishes your way.

K said...

Sendingh lots of good wishes

ICLW

Kristin said...

It totally sucks not being able to relax and enjoy it all. {{{Hugs}}}

Hoping you have a fabulous ultrasound...and, form one big chested woman to another, if you need help finding bras, check out this post.

Jill said...

Good luck on Thursday! I'll send positive vibes your way!

ICLW

Mrs. Gamgee said...

I know that feeling... when you go from the unobstructed joy to the cautious wait. I will pray that your u/s goes smoothly and that all is well with your little bean!

Happy ICLW!

SS said...

Hi, here from ICLW. I think we have the same due date. I have a 7-week ultrasound next Thursday. Anxiously awaiting it, and not much in the way of symptoms except occasional sore boobs and feeling a little sick if I don't eat. Hoping for great news at your u/s on thursday!

Flower said...

Can't wait for your u/s update.

Jessica White said...

Congrats on your pregnancy!
My symptoms come and go, somedays worse than others, but none of them overly bad.

Everyone who knows we're pregnant probably doesn't think we're excited, we are, but we're just scared about something going wrong. Hang in there: I'm sure all is fine.

ICLW

Erika said...

I can only imagine I would feel the exact same way. I try to make myself pregnant each month when AF is a few days late with symptoms... I'm sure it works both ways. Hang in there! SEnding well wishes!

ICLW

Kate said...

Only two more sleeps, hang in there! I can't wait to see how things go!
I love that your baby needs mexican.
good luck and good wishes to you, Kate

Anonymous said...

You are so close! I hope Thursday is great and you have many reasons to celebrate and get excited again. Hang in there!

starky said...

The day I found out I was pregnant, I went out for mexican food. Oh, those refried beans had never tasted quite so good! Something about it is just so TASTY.