Friday, March 6, 2009

What a prick

Actually, it wasn't anything compared to the prick I got giving 13 vials of blood for my pre-IVF workup. But that did not stop the Barefoot household from getting geared up for the drama. Husband was grinning like an idiot, I was reading the instructions for the fifth time, and even the cats were looking up from the kitchen floor. You can tell what an exciting life we all lead, since this was front-page news.

All in all, though, it was pretty anticlimactic. The only weird part was after I stuck the needle in -- I didn't really quite know what to do with myself. No pain, though, and no side effects other than a mild headache which I've had all week.

I did hint to the Mr., as we were watching Tatiana Del Toro's predictably dramatic exit from American Idol, that that could be me in a few days. He's pretty fired up.

No comments: