Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Baa! (and a Day 10 update)

Thanks to everyone who's been leaving encouraging comments -- it's so great to know that there are people out there rooting for my follies! I'm incubating away today, and waiting to hear back after my ultrasound and bloodwork this morning whether we're triggering tonight or tomorrow. Curiously, the Mr. opted to join me again for the wanding today. I can't figure him out sometimes. Maybe he's done reading all of the magazines in the waiting room.

Anyhoo, the acupuncture doctor tells us that the Mr. is supposed to eat lots of lamb this week before he gives his, um, specimen. Why? I don't know. I made a batch of lamb meatballs on Sunday (yum!) and we're planning on grilling up some lamb chops tonight. I'd actually never cooked lamb before this week, and I'm not entirely sure what I think. I always feel a little queasy about lamb -- it tastes good and all, but I can't ever seem to get this Simpsons episode out of my mind. ("Liiisssa, I thought you loooooved me. Looooved me!")



Sigh. Something tells me I'm eating vegetarian tonight.

3 comments:

babyinterrupted said...

That is my very, very favorite episode of the Simpsons (especially the Troy McClure movie on the food chain. "Now we'll make our way to the killing floor." "WHAT?" "Don't worry, Bobby, it's not really a floor.")

Best wishes as you reach the end of stims! I'm probably set to trigger tonight, so we're on a very similar schedule. Hope all goes well.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

LOL... I'm sorry about the visuals you have with lamb. I have a really good recipe for lamb shanks if you're interested. ;)

ICLW

Anonymous said...

Best of luck to you. Great reference to the simpsons