Friday, March 13, 2009

Fabulous Food Friday

In an effort to lighten things up a bit around here, I thought it might be fun to start a little Friday tradition. I'm going to call it Fabulous Food Friday because, well, I like alliteration. I can't promise that I'll only talk about food on Friday because, well, I eat every day and I really love to do so. More than I should. Like, 20 pounds more than I should.

But I digress.

I can feel my mood lifting as I type because I know I'm just a few short hours away from our Friday night (particularly during Lent) tradition:




YAY SUSHI! Of course, our order usually ends up looking more like this:


.....causing the waitress to inevitably comment about "what good eaters" we are or something vaguely derogatory like that. But we kind of deserve it.

I love our Friday sushi ritual. We always go to the same little place in the strip mall next to Safeway -- it doesn't look like much but the food is so tasty and fresh and it's not quite as highway-robbery-ish as the more scene-y sushi places in town. I know we're going to have to adapt the ritual soon enough -- mmm, avocado maki -- but I'm planning to enjoy it tonight. And I might even have a beer. So crazy!

Anyone out there with their own Friday night (or any other night) food tradition? Dish about it (har har) in the comments.

And happy Friday!

1 comment:

Eb said...

We have two food 'rituals'
1. Sushi Saturday - a movie and then we always go to a sushi place that we went to one of our first dates on
2. Big daddy's - its a retro diner with food that is so bad for you it is obscene. I love it coz of all the high end places in NYC this place is so normal!