Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dear Creepy (Male) Coworker:

Please stop staring at my stomach when you are talking to me. Yes, it is protruding a bit. Yes, I have been wearing flowy tops and dresses lately. And yes, my boobs need their own office. I'm on my way down the hall to talk to the office manager about that right now.

But have I stared at YOUR stomach, which has been steadily growing over the side of your pants for the last year? OK, maybe a little, but only in meetings with lots of other people where I know you won't notice.

Be patient. Hopefully, I'll be out of the closet soon enough. In the meantime, please feel free to assume that I've had a few too many hits from the vending machine.

Expandingly yours,
Barefoot

p.s. Thanks to all of you for the kind wishes re: the spotting. My ute has calmed down, and seems to realize that today is Hump Day and Friday is just around the corner.

10 comments:

Lucky Jones said...

Haha! OMG that's too funny... Guys have no tact ;)

Jaymee said...

ugh, where did he learn his manners?

ILCW

Busted Tube said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Do you have plans about when to make the big reveal and satisfy Mr. RudeCoworkerDude's curiosity?

Michele said...

dont you wish we lived in a world where you could actually email that? ;)

Emily said...

Maybe he has a thing for pregnant chicks? Ewwwwwww......
LOL!

L.A. Mommy said...

Creepy co-irkers are the worst. I've got a few myself. Just "pretend" to catch him & then stare back at him like the mother in those Cingular rollover commercials. You know the one where they're riding in the car and she just glares at the son in the backseat? Love it!!

K said...

ROFLMAO....yeah, I think you should bust him just for shits and giggles. Next time he looks (at whatever) stop and look and say "Oh did I spill something? Do I have something on me? You were just looking at..." Oh yeah. I think you should do it. Would love to be a fly on the wall...

Anonymous said...

I haven't had an creepy staring, but one of my co-workers though told me that when she was pregnant (20 years ago) she had a creepy co-worker like that. When she ended up hospitalized for 6 weeks before the birth he started coming to visit her but would abruptly leave when her husband would show up. Ick.

I hope your co-worker gets the hint.

In Due Time said...

lol Coworkers can be a bit freakish sometimes, eh?

L.A. Mommy said...

Hey there, just stopping back through to let you know I've tagged you for Lucky 7's.