Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another two week wait.... (ICLW disclaimer: pregnancy mentioned)

We saw a heartbeat!

And a second sac!

Peanut A (who is currently known as The Showoff, because he/she popped up like a champ on every ultrasound angle) is measuring at 5w6d, with a nifty little heart rate of 140. Peanut B is measuring at 5w5d, but the RE wasn't sure if he could see a heartbeat or not. B definitely looked smaller, but I guess that could have been the angle.

The RE gave B a 35% shot at making it -- he said that in most cases he's seen like this, that's been the result. So oddly, our chances of having twins are pretty much the same as they were 3 weeks ago at our transfer. We should know for sure what's going on at our next ultrasound in 2 weeks.

I'm still processing all of this, but am so so happy we saw one heartbeat....it's more than I hoped for, frankly. I feel like I can't commit to being happy about twins, since things are still so up in the air. So I'll just hang with my Peanuts, feed them lots of good food, take them for walks and swims and acupuncture and pedicures, and wait.

Thanks for all of the super-supportive comments over the last few days....you all are the best.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

Emily said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! I have been waiting for an update all day long!

I am so happy for you! Rooting for baby B - I thought you might see 2 sacs today -just had a feeling :)

Amy said...

Congrats on the baby heart beat. My breath catches at the thought.

babyinterrupted said...

Woo hoo!!! Such good news - and so glad to hear it. Sending "hang on, baby" thoughts to B!

Carrie said...

AWESOME!!! I am so happy you saw A's heartbeat and that both babies measured well. I am hoping with ALL hope that B hangs in there and makes a grand entrance in 2 weeks. :)

Enjoy every minute. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!

Hugs (except our boobs would get in the way...)
Carrie

Flower said...

Congrats on seeing the heartbeat. We are praying for you.

Misty said...

A big woohoo to you! Hang in there Baby B!

ICLW

My Endo Journey said...

I'm so glad it went well today!!! HOOORAY for the peanuts! Yes, 35% odds...we know how to deal with that!!! ;)

God Bless!!!

Ms. Perky said...

Congrats! This is great news! (My first ultrasound with the triplets they saw two sacs no HBs - second ultrasound was three sacs no HBs, third u/s was three sacs 1 HB, and finally FOURTH u/s was three sacs three HBs.

I kept being told there was no way I was going to end up with more than a singleton. Hah!

Jo said...

I am so, so happy for you. Honestly. I don't know anyone who deserves it more.

Hoping and praying that you will continue to be able to give us such positive updates.

Thank YOU for all of your support, too. You ROCK.

Hugs,
Jo

SS said...

So happy for your great ultrasound!!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you saw a heartbeat for Peanut A! It's exciting that there might be a twin in there...I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

What I'm really dying to know is - how was the show last night?? ;) Too funny that she introduced the San Jose show with "What's up, Sacramento". LOL

Anonymous said...

Yay for a beating heart. Fingers crossed on baby B. Hang in there!

Tracy said...

Congrats on 2 heartbeats! Praying for you and looking forward to an awesome update! :)

Tracy said...

I'm sorry, I mis-read! Hoping that you see baby B's HB at your next ultrasound! ((HUGS))

Where's my miracle? said...

That sounds like promising news!! Keep on growing little peanuts!!! Congrats!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Congrats!

You are more patient than I am to be so chill until the next U/S. Good luck!

ICLW