Tuesday, April 7, 2009

7dp5dt -- Miss Bitchiality

My poor husband. He got quite a handful last night. First, I completely freaked out when he got home 20 minutes late for my PIO shot, convinced that if we delayed at all I would immediately get my period. After the shot, I basically melted down and had an epic cry, complete with choking sounds and rivulets of snot pouring down my face. We're not going to be pregnant, it's not fair, it's so easy for everyone else, I'm so fat, I'm probably getting my period even as we speak, blah blah blah. Then to top it all off, at dinner I wouldn't let him have any guacamole, since there really was only enough for one person.

One very sniffly and bitchy person.

The bitchitude leads me further down the road of believing I'm about to get my period. Can you tell I'm a bit obsessed with my period? The good news is that I'm probably clocking a mile a day to and from the bathroom (my office has long halls). The bad news is that, well, I'm a bitch.

14 comments:

Emily said...

Oh man the ugly cry, the 2ww total meltdown...been there, done that. No fun at all! Hope you are feeling better today.
Sending hugs and all kinds of good wishes!

Tracy said...

((HUGS))

Totally understandable, I'm sure I will be the same way in a few weeks.

Hope you are feeling better!

Flower said...

You are not fat...and you are not about to get your period (((HUGS)))

I hope you feel better soon

K said...

At least it makes your blogger attitude fun to read.... ;)

Anonymous said...

So. You are a bitch. So am I. But guess what? We have been pumped full of drugs for weeks. Progesterone is evil. We deserve to be a touch cranky. Everyone around us can just deal with it.

Keiko Zoll said...

Hi there,
Just started following your blog. The epic cry is totally warranted, as is the bitch. I wouldn't sweat it - just let it happen. Just out of curiousity- was does the 5dt of each of your posts mean?

Faith said...

AH -- we are so on the same schedule. I had my 2WW freak-out last night too. Our poor hubbies! Hope today has been better for you!

Barefoot said...

Miriam, the 5dt stands for 5 day transfer -- so today I am 7 days post 5 day transfer. In other words, Crazytown. :)

Carrie said...

Crazy town is riiight! I have been there off and on, for oh, 18 months? You aren't alone, dear... those hormones F with us all.

There is something for you on my blog...

Hugs!!!
Carrie

Keiko Zoll said...

Barefoot, Thanks for the clarification. I'm still new to all of this ART lingo :) I just did a progesterone test about 2 weeks ago (which, I think I've failed b/c no AF yet) and I did the crazy bitch thing for a week... I can't even fathom what the IVF hormone regimen must be like! You're definitely in my thoughts... fingers crossed!

michaela said...

You sound so much like me in the 2ww!! I had a complete meltdown and even though I ended up with a chemical pregnancy I was still pregnant!! I have a good feeling for you! Hang in there!! Fingers crossed for your BFP!

sunflowerchilde said...

I'm sorry, I had to laugh about the guacamole. Sounds like your husband is a nice guy, which of course you totally deserve. It's his job to be supportive and give you whatever you want right now.

Only one more day, right?

Anonymous said...

You are almost there - hang in there. I am in crazytown with you. Good luck tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I'm sorry this is so hard!! I too laughed out loud about the guacamole (one of my FAVORITE foods). This morning my husband went for a piece of "my" chocolate bunny with a fearful look and asked if he could have some. What a monster I must be lately! Thanks a lot, PIO.