1. Perfect weather. Mid-80s, breezy, perfect for walks and shopping. Of which we've done plenty.
2. 4th of July. I love this holiday. Fireworks, barbecue, cupcakes, Barry Manilow singing some shmaltzy America song on TV -- does it get any better? OK, a beer would have made it better, but anyway.
3. Cute baby gear, purchased by my mother-in-law. We haven't been able to bring ourselves to break the shopping seal quite yet, but were perfectly happy to let someone else do it. And really, baby needed his/her first San Francisco Giants hat, don't you think?
4. Maternity Spanx. And the wonderful man who was willing to amuse himself in Motherhood Maternity while I perused and purchased.
5. FRONT ROW TICKETS TO AMERICAN IDOLS LIVE. Purchased yesterday. For next weekend. Not front-row floor (I don't think I could handle that right now), but front row of the first seated section and OMG I'M GOING TO SEE ADAM LAMBERT AND HAVE INAPPROPRIATE THOUGHTS. Sitting next to my mother.
Next weekend's shaping up to be pretty good, too! Let's hope I can make it through my first 5-day workweek in about a month.
My mom and I went to the AI concert last year with the 2 Davids..Cook and Archuleta. It was fun, but seriously take some earplugs! The teenage girls screaming made my ears bleed! I have been to many concerts in my day, but wow! Have fun!
lolol Your mama's gonna be traumatized! I missed alcohol yesterday, too!!
Jay, we've gone every year since season 3. :) We are prepared for the screaming (although my mom says that the "So You Think You Can Dance" tour was WAAAAAY worse).
And I'm not sure I can get any more excited than I was for David Cook last year.....but I will give it a try. :)
So glad you had a good time! I sad to see the weekend end, too, and Peter leave for work this morning. He's already in the shower and I'm having DTs missing him. It was such and awesome long weekend. Now, we'll have to count down to the next one, LOL!
Enjoy the concert. I dont think that I could take it!
Sounds like a lovely weekend!!!
Sounds like a wonderful weekend!
Post a Comment