Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Is it ICLW again?

Apparently it's ICLW once again! I'm not sure if it's arriving more quickly, or if my brain has just further deteriorated. I'm betting on the latter.

So, for newcomers, welcome to Barefootland. As you can probably glean from the title of my blog, I am pregnant. 19 weeks pregnant, in fact. It took 2.5 years, a bunch of Clomid, a bunch of tears and an IVF cycle to get here, but we're thrilled. And we're having a girl, which I hope to reflect more completely in my toenail color when I go for a pedi this weekend.

As a warning for those of you who might not want to read about pregnancy-type things, this blog is these days mostly about being pregnant. But I'm still an infertile, and that is touching this journey in more ways than I ever could have imagined.

For those of you thinking about or embarking on an IVF cycle, there are a slew of posts in March and April detailing that exciting rollercoaster ride.

Welcome to the blog, and happy ICLW!

9 comments:

Shelby said...

Thanks for stopping by my digs! Congrats on your little girl. I'm looking forward to reading more!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the "In Celebration of Baby Girls" toes! Congrats, and keep blogging!

KimboSue said...

Congratulations on a successful IVF!

~ICLW

hope4joy said...

Happy ICLW. Can't wait to see the new toes.

Peaches said...

HI Barefoot - I've been reading your blog since before you got you BFP. Congrats on getting knocked up!

~ICLW

The Steadfast Warrior said...

Congrats on the baby girl. We're having a girl too! Enjoy every minute of it. :)

Faith said...

Happy ICLW to YOU!

Katie said...

Wow I can't believe you're already that far along.... ;)

Love B&P said...

Congrats on your baby girl :) I look forward to reading your blog now! I love other pg mama blogs!

Laura - ICLW