But, I did learn a few things this weekend, namely:
- I will be completely happy if the next college graduation I have to go to is for the little Cornellian/Gaucho in my tummy.
- Maternity jeans are the greatest invention on earth. I'm actually looking forward to a cross-country flight tomorrow, thanks to the "Secret Fit" belly.
- Having my grandfather greet me with the words, "Hey, Fatty!" does not bother me nearly as much as I would have thought.
- Zoos do not smell good when you've got a bionic nose.
- Nobody, not even the future grandparents, seems to think that our ultrasound pictures areas cute as we think they are.
- My in-laws are a lot harder to take without the benefit of alcohol.
Later this week, I hope to provide educational updates from my first full-week business trip in my, erm, condition. Should be good times!!
Ha! I write so many bullet point posts now... we are lazy. ;)
I love everything you learned... I notice the same thing with alcohol around some people, especially if said people are hammered themselves. Your grandpa sounds like a hilarious man, but you are a good sport too.
Hugs! And thanks for the comment...
The alcohol thing is hilarious;) Hope you have a wonderful trip!!
Just stopping by to check on you. I hope all is well...I see u still got that sense of humor...LOL
Ah the bionic nose. I hear you sister! I smell smoke ALL THE TIME. And we dont smoke! And no one smokes in our house! I smell it right now and it drives me (and Peter) nuts.
You're so funny! I think most family is easier to take with an alcohol chaser ... and I don't even drinkl! LOL!
Have a great trip! I can't wait to need maternity jeans! I've seen a lot of cute ones.
Have a great trip and keep lettin' us know what you've learned!
love the part about your grandpa!
Hope your business trip is going well! Hey...I have a future Gaucho in my tummy too!
lol @ your Grandpa
I hope your cross country flight goes well.
I agree with you on all points, especially the zoo part! Hope your flight goes well!
I'm also on a full-week business trip this week, though not my first in the pregnancy. A tip: don't be shy about demanding bathroom breaks! (Or just leave the room when you need to.) I'd also recommend keeping snacks in your bag that you can eat discreetly, in addition to a supply of water. Good luck!
Post a Comment