Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend Updates

I’ve been a bad, bad blogger. I haven’t even THOUGHT about blogging for about a week. But trust me, you’re not missing much. To prove it, let me provide you with the highlights from my weekend.

1. Coming out to the in-laws. OK, this was actually pretty cool. It is nice to remember that to most normal (read: fertile) people, pregnancy is happy news, a cause for celebration, and not a worry-fest. We get to tell more family this weekend, and then my family in a couple of weeks. Hopefully it will continue to be fun.

2. Sleeping 10-11 hours on Friday and Saturday nights, and napping on both days.

3. Sleeping in a fancy hotel last night for work, without a cat in my grill at 4 a.m.

4. Pooping. Seriously, folks, this was probably the finest moment of my weekend. Ain’t pregnancy glamorous?

See? When 2 of the 4 highlights of your weekend involve being unconscious, and another involves a bodily function, your life has officially become uninteresting to others. But I guess I’d rather have this than the drama that was May.

I’ll see if I can come up with something better for this week. We have our first trimester screening on Thursday, so maybe some good pictures to share.

But no drama, please.

8 comments:

Michele said...

congrats on sharing you news! i cant wait to see u/s pics!

Carrie said...

Here's to an uneventful June full of sleep, pooping and little worry! :) I am glad all is going well for you! I have been a bad blogger too... sort of falls below napping on the priority list, right?

Hugs!!!
Carrie

A said...

We missed you! Glad you came back to update us even if it is about sleeping and pooping :) haha I cant wait to see your new u/s pics soon!

K said...

Remember that uneventful and boring is a good thing, under the circumstances! Looking foward to pics...

IF Optimist, then... said...

Tee he he. You said poop. Congrats on your coming out party, wishing you all the best in the month of June.

Flower said...

Just wanted to say HI...

Your posts always put a smile on my face.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your update! Can't wait to see the u/s pics! Poop heh heh

L.A. Mommy said...

Just stopping by to let you know that you've been awarded the Honest Scarp Award because your blog rocks!

Congrats!