Friday, April 30, 2010

Boring

I haven't written much lately because I have become boring. I get up. I feed the baby. I drop her off at daycare. I go to work. I come home. I play with the baby. I cook dinner. I pump a lot. I go to sleep. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Which is not to say that life is boring. Life is now all about the exquisite little moments -- the smile when she wakes up and sees me in the morning, the grip of her little hand, the way my husband looks at her, the sight of her fast asleep on her back with one little hand behind her head. And other moments, too -- the delicious solitude of a train ride to the city with a good book, the mental exercise of solving a thorny problem at work, the decadence of eating an entire meal with nothing to interrupt me except the internet. Oh, and -- surprisingly -- my newly rediscovered sex life. Sex on a weeknight? Really?

So, yeah. I'm boring. But I'm not bored.

And I'm OK if it stays that way for a little while.

5 comments:

Mush said...

Sounds grand. x

ana said...

You sound truly and deeply happy, that's so fantastic :)

Kerri said...

I agree- boring is good. It certainly beats the early days of feeling like you have no control over your life anymore, doesn't it? I do envy your uninterrupted meal. I can hardly remember what that feels like!

Anonymous said...

Life isn't boring - it's perfect, now. :)

Donna said...

Amen! (I could do without all the pumping - but if it gets me all the little smiles at home I gues it's worth it!)