Friday, April 2, 2010

1 week down, many more to go

We made it through the first week with both parents back to work. I am exhausted. I am glad it's over, even though it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I have just enough energy to share the following exchange, which was the first conversation I had on Monday morning:

IT guy, walking by my office: "Hey, welcome back!"

Me: "Thanks, it's good to be back."

IT guy: "So, did you have a natural childbirth?"

Me, dumbfounded: "Do you mean...."

IT guy: "I mean, did you have a C-section, or the other way?"

(Please keep in mind that I barely know the IT guy.)

What I wanted to say: "Are you asking me if the baby came out of my VAGINA?"

Thankfully, no one else asked about my birthing experience this week.

But there's always next week, I guess.

2 comments:

babyinterrupted said...

Too funny. Horrifying, but funny. :) Glad you survived the first week!

Kerri said...

People are so weird. When I was pregnant, a random man at Starbucks asked me if I was going to store Camden's cord blood. WTF?