1. Perfect weather. Mid-80s, breezy, perfect for walks and shopping. Of which we've done plenty.
2. 4th of July. I love this holiday. Fireworks, barbecue, cupcakes, Barry Manilow singing some shmaltzy America song on TV -- does it get any better? OK, a beer would have made it better, but anyway.
3. Cute baby gear, purchased by my mother-in-law. We haven't been able to bring ourselves to break the shopping seal quite yet, but were perfectly happy to let someone else do it. And really, baby needed his/her first San Francisco Giants hat, don't you think?
4. Maternity Spanx. And the wonderful man who was willing to amuse himself in Motherhood Maternity while I perused and purchased.
5. FRONT ROW TICKETS TO AMERICAN IDOLS LIVE. Purchased yesterday. For next weekend. Not front-row floor (I don't think I could handle that right now), but front row of the first seated section and OMG I'M GOING TO SEE ADAM LAMBERT AND HAVE INAPPROPRIATE THOUGHTS. Sitting next to my mother.
Next weekend's shaping up to be pretty good, too! Let's hope I can make it through my first 5-day workweek in about a month.