Monday, December 21, 2009

STILL no baby, so we shop (and celebrate a birthday)

After several hours of contractions and painful baby movement last night, I find myself once again this morning with no labor signs and of course no baby. Ugh. I keep telling myself every time I start contracting that it's probably nothing, but it's hard for us not to get our hopes up. The poor Mr. is walking around like a zombie this morning, having been awake and excited all night. I guess it's a preview, but still...kind of frustrating.

So, I guess things will either kick in today or tomorrow (which is my birthday). In the meantime, I think I'll head out today and do a little last minute Christmas shopping/puttering around. I'm sure it's going to be a madhouse out there, but being in my actual house is driving me mad. There are only so many episodes of House and Gossip Girl that I can watch -- which I didn't think possible.

And we will try to get back to our happy place -- after all, we'll be parents in a couple of days, which is pretty darn exciting.

I hope that everyone's enjoying their holiday prep!! I can't believe it's only 4 days until Christmas....

6 comments:

SS said...

I am waiting too! past due and having a repeat C on weds if this baby doesn't show up before hand. I've had zilch in terms of labor signs- doc is all but predicting this baby isn't coming out on his own

Tracy said...

That little one does not want to come out! Guess she'll do what she wants when she wants. Enjoy shopping while you can! And happy early birthday! :)

Emily said...

You must be running a Four Seasons in there ;) Sorry about all the false labor - that stinks. Hopefully it means you are making all kinds of good progress and will have a short L&D.
My MW doesn't think I will have this baby before my EDD - boo!

Flower said...

Happy Birthday....I hope your little girl makes her arrival very soon.

babyinterrupted said...

I keep thinking about you...hope all is going well. Actually, I hope you're giving birth RIGHT NOW and thus unable to blog at the moment. :)

Michele said...

I know you know this, but you are already parents. from the day your sweet girl was conceived, you've been her mommy.

cant wait to see her!