Wednesday, December 2, 2009

38 weeks (gulp)

I've only got 2 weeks to go. Yikes.

I had my OB appointment yesterday, which I dreaded for about a week, thinking I'd be getting my first cervical check courtesy of the least gentle hands in the Bay Area. Turns out Dr. Miss Sunshine doesn't do internals until you're overdue or your water breaks, since they don't really tell you anything about when you might actually go into labor. So that was nice.

We did get to get another peek via ultrasound to make sure the Chicklette was still head down (which she is, and which I didn't doubt for a second, as the feeling of a skull grinding into your pelvis is a pretty singular sensation). We also confirmed that the appendage digging into my left ribs is indeed a foot (or maybe a hand -- all four limbs appear to be clustered over there), and that the hard area on my right side is a spine and baby booty. Pretty neat.

Anyway, I think I crossed the line yesterday and am now more physically uncomfortable with her inside of me than I am anxious about having her outside of me. I'm sure I'll be regaling you all with the various crazy things I will be doing over the next couple of weeks to try and encourage her arrival (Step 1: yoga tonight). Not only would I like my body back, but I also wouldn't mind not spending Christmas (or my birthday 3 days before) in the hospital.

Oh, and I guess I'd also like to meet my daughter. Almost forgot that minor detail!

11 comments:

Sue said...

I have been hiding my head in the sand about the whole labor and delivery thing...and wondering when it will start hitting me. I guess it is at around your stage where you just want her out! It sounds like everything is great though! I'm laughing b/c when we went for our 3d u/s the other day she was in the exact position you are describing...even with her little booty by my right elbow area...she was not shy of shaking the booty for the camera...just her face!

Glad you were spared the invasive cervical check:-)

Jo said...

Wow -- time really has flown. Hard to believe you are almost there! I can't wait to meet your daughter either --via the pictures and stories I know you'll post for us! So exciting!

Hugs,
Jo

A said...

:) WAHOO! Happy 28 weeks! Almost time to meet baby girl!

babyinterrupted said...

Wowza - only two weeks? How did that happen?!? Thinking of you often and can't wait to hear when the chicklette arrives.

Michele said...

YAY! Only 2 weeks to go! Cant wait to see pics of your gorgeous chicklette!

Flower said...

Let's start the countdown. :)

Emily said...

Hooray for 2 weeks!!!!! Getting excited for you and still in total denial that I am almost as close to labor as you :)

My LO is in the exact same position as chicklette.

Wishing you loads of labor dust!!

Kate said...

38 weeks, holy cow.
Congratulations Barefoot!

Wishing you All the best, truly. And a birthday before christmas for your little one!

xo
kate

Anonymous said...

Yay - I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Tracy said...

I'm so excited for you!

**lots and lots of labor dust to you**

Anonymous said...

Classic Argyle Knit Ugg Boots
Classic Crochet UGG Boots
Classic Ugg Boots
Cardy Ugg Boots
Mini Ugg Boots
Tall Metallic Ugg Boots
Tall Ugg Boots
UGG Classic Short Boots
Ugg Metallic Boots
Kids Ugg Boots
Sandals Ugg Boots
Amelie Suede Sandals Uggs
Coquette Sandals Ugg Boots
Dakota sandals Ugg Boots
Gypsy sandals Ugg Boots
Halendi sandals Ugg Boots
Morocco sandals Ugg Boots
Tasmina Braid Sandals Boots
UGG Tasmina Sandals
Sundance II Ugg Boots
Ugg Bailey Button
UGG Fluff Flip Flop
Ugg Nightfall
Ugg Stripe Cable Knit
UGG Sundance Grab bags
Ultra Ugg Boots
Ultra Short Ugg Boots
Ultra Uggs



Ugg Boots Online
Ugg Boots Onsale
wholesale Ugg Boots
ugg sheepskin boots
Romantic Flower Ugg Boots
Mulberry Ugg Boots
Classic Tall Ugg Boot