Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Due date

Well, here we are. December 16th. It's your birthday, baby! Come on out!

We had our 40 week appointment yesterday. Long story short: my OB didn't check me, since she won't induce us any earlier than 41 weeks and if I'm not contracting it doesn't really matter at this point how dilated I am. So my next appointment is Tuesday the 22nd (my birthday), and we're talking induction on the 23rd if she hasn't arrived by then.

I've actually been feeling pretty normal, aside from another big nasty yet fascinating chunk of mucous plug on Monday. I'm skeptical that anything's going to happen on its own. But I'm still hopeful.

Off to the gym, to see if I can walk this baby out. Out out out!

12 comments:

Flower said...

Walking is good. Come on down, baby girl.

Sue said...

I've heard walking is the thing to do. I hope she decides to come out on her own...isn't it a good sign that your mucus plug came out? I really hope so! I can't even imagine the anticipation...its almost stressful. Even though I am 100% for a natural birth, I get why a c-section has appeal...wouldn't it be great to have the date written down on a calendar and know that was the day?

"Jay" said...

Come on Baby Barefootette! Come out and play! It is time already!

babyinterrupted said...

Come out, baby! Don't you hear all of us out here in blogland? Show your mom some mercy! :)

Michele said...

wow... 40 weeks already... seems like yesterday...

come on sweet girl!!! Make your appearance! We cant wait to meet you!

Jo said...

As antsy as all of us are, I can imagine how much more so you are. Hoping and praying that delivery is smooth and easy -- whenever she deigns to arrive!

Thanks for all of your continued support. It means everything to me.

Hugs,
Jo

Tracy said...

Come on baby girl! I can't believe you are still going to the gym! You are amazing! I have also heard that walking can help. Good luck and KUP! :)

Amber said...

I can't believe this day is here! Hope she'll decide to arrive before your birthday!!

IF Optimist, then... said...

Most importantly I need to say congratulations on making it to your due date!!!! You did it kid. Hoping she is an early birthday present, happy and healthy and so glad to finally meet you face to face.

My Endo Journey said...

LOL@ fascinating chunk of mucus plug ;)

C'mon baby barefoot!

Brooke said...

Walk walk walk and if your hubby is willing try having a little "couple time" together. I cant imagine your level of impatience at this point. Come on little girl lets go!

Unknown said...

I predict that around 6pm Saturday, something will happen (be it labor or birth) :)