I have been riding the emotional roller coaster. Like, I love the chicklette to death, but sometimes I'll just start crying for no reason. I know it's the hormones, and the fact that I'm sleep-deprived and recovering from, you know, CHILDBIRTH, but it still catches me by surprise how I can go from perfectly happy and content to a snorting mess inside of 5 minutes.
I have every intention of getting my birth story up soon -- before I forget what happened completely -- but for now, just a few random observations:
1. My favorite time(s) of the day are when the chicklette is awake and alert. I look in her eyes and the whole world just stops. Stupid baby songs spontaneously erupt from my mouth.
2. Baby gas is really funny. Sometimes you can hear her toot all the way across the house, and it's effing hilarious. Even if she does smell like a sulfur factory.
3. It's so nice to be able to see my feet again.
4. Pooping for the first time was so much more stressful than giving birth. And still I battle, as I sit here eating a bran muffin and drinking coffee. (You really didn't think I could get through a post without talking about poop, did you?)
5. Being out in public not pregnant is WEIRD. No one smiles at me anymore. I'm sure when I'm out with the baby it will be different, but I kind of miss the attention. The same attention I hated when I was pregnant. I tells ya, there's no pleasing me these days.
6. Confession: I went to Babies R' Us on Monday and parked in the "Stork Parking." I won't do it again, particularly now that my stitches feel better and I can walk somewhat normally, but it felt deliciously subversive.
7. Breastfeeding is hard. I'm sure I'll have much more on this later, but it confounds me that something supposedly so natural can be so difficult.
And speaking of, I'm off to wake the baby with a a diaper change (which, in case you didn't know, is apparently CHILD ABUSE judging by the amount of screaming it induces) and whip out the boobs. Which are taking over the world.
Happy new year!
Oh, the stuff that nobody ever tells you!
Happy New Year!
Thanks for giving us insight into the world of motherhood. I know it will help me for what's to come. Congrats on your little peanut!
Your post made me laugh so hard!!! This could be the story of my life for the past 3 1/2 weeks!!!! How is it that getting a DRY diaper could be so darn traumatic that the whole house needs to be alerted at 3AM???
Love the update. And oh, my goodness, the photo in the last post - I think the cuteness burned my retinas. :)
Happy new year to all of you!
Can't wait for all of these lovely adventures. Congrats again, she truly is beautiful. Happy New Year!
Ahh the child abuse of diaper changing... We have that too. Apparently, not letting your infant watch TV is pretty mean too!
Cant wait to hear all about your adventures!
Happy new Year!
Oh my gosh, I could've written this exact same post in the first couple of weeks after I gave birth. The tears are totally normal (I know you know that) and will probably continue off and on for a couple of weeks. Breastfeeding gets easier, I promise. And yes, the first poop is EXTREMELY stressful! I was terrified of it. But that, too, gets easier. I think Camden also screamed bloody murder for every single diaper change for 2 weeks or so...now he loves them. Funny how much they change in just a few short weeks. Anyway, hang in there-- just kind of ride out this time period & enjoy your precious baby as much as you possibly can.
Post a Comment