Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Can anyone say....nesting?

Since I've been "working from home" for the last week, I have been in a bit of a frenzy. Packing the hospital bag, tweaking the nursery, doing baby laundry, wrapping Christmas presents, assembling baby seats and swings and monitors....you name it, I've done it. When coupled with all of the baby-eviction activities, it does seem to add up to quite a lot of busy days.

But what is the most scary is the cooking. I have an irrestible urge to cook and freeze. And cook and freeze some more. Here's what's been cooking so far:

Split Pea Soup
Butternut Squash Soup
Bolognese Sauce
Meatballs (triple batch)
Pesto Sauce
Chicken Soup
Quiche (actually, a friend made this, but it's in there)

Every day I evaluate the freezer to see what else I can fit in. The little stacks of Gladware containers are so pleasing to me -- it's got to be pathological somehow. But it is pleasing, right? RIGHT?

Tomorrow I'm thinking of trying one more recipe....

Or maybe two.

5 comments:

Kerri said...

Good for you! I did all of the other nesting stuff but never got into the cooking (probably b/c I am not much of a cook anyway) and now we're pretty dependent on other people's generosity for dinner. So keep cooking, because the last thing you're going to want to do in those first few weeks (months?) you're home with baby is make dinner.

Sue said...

That is great! and, did you notice that most of what you cooked and want to cook are really comfort foods? You are totally nesting:-) But, they say this is great to do b/c you will be so busy after the baby is born that frozen dinners are KEY.

K said...

Yum! My gosh you've got be gettin close! What the hell is that kid waiting for????

Nonnie said...

You are a smart, smart girl for doing this! You'll be so happy you did it after that baby arrives!!

kdactyl said...

Yay for you. I had no desire to cook near the end. But I was blessed to have a great network of girlfriends that delivered dinner every other night for a whole month! It was awesome! Good luck...I hope you have that baby soon...you are running out of freezer space.

kd