Sunday, August 23, 2009

H is for Hormones

Whoa, boy. I don't know if it's the stress of the remodel, or just the natural order of things, but this weekend my hormones really came out to play.

I have to admit, I was a bit snappish yesterday. I didn't sleep well on Friday night, I was feeling breathless, and worst of all, CONSTIPATED.  So I know I had a few snippy comments for the Mr. during the day, which I know had to suck for him. But then, on the way home from a family party, he lost it back at me a little bit.  And the waterworks started. I tried not to let him see, but I had tears running down my face and snot pouring out my nose all the way home. And then I left him at home and went kersnuffling to the mall to be "alone," where I'm pretty sure I looked like a big fat red-faced freak. And then I got home and went to sleep at 7:30.

The whole time, I couldn't really figure out what was making me cry. I'm not a crier, especially not over something like a little mini-argument. And I'm not unhappy -- in fact, I kept thinking "I'm so happy, why am I crying?" 

I hope this isn't the new me for the next 3.5 months. Because I have to say, she isn't much fun.

6 comments:

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Here from ICLW...

The hormones can be a doozy, but honestly, constipation (when pregnant or not) makes me much crankier than pregnancy hormones ever have.

Hopefully if you can fix that aspect, your happy mood will return.

Unknown said...

The hormones may be crazy, but they're worth right? Please tell me I'm right...

:)

Megs said...

Oh the hormones...I am beginning to experience the all of a sudden crying. It mostly occurs with tv shows and movies and I don't even realize I'm doing it until I have the tears streaming down my face.

Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! :)

**Here from ICLW**

Carrie said...

Oh I FEEL the hormonal surges! I literally cannot will or make myself stop crying during this pregnancy, even if I am in public!

We are being controlled by internal forces that are stronger than us. And the poop issues only make it worse.

Hang in there.

K said...

Well, it could be worse right? Yes, it could. :)

Michele said...

Gotta love pregnancy hormones!