Sunday, June 14, 2009

Things I have learned this weekend

I am way too tired to craft a grammatically coherent post, so it's going to be bullet points. Sorry. I am the suckiest blogger lately.

But, I did learn a few things this weekend, namely:
  • I will be completely happy if the next college graduation I have to go to is for the little Cornellian/Gaucho in my tummy.
  • Maternity jeans are the greatest invention on earth. I'm actually looking forward to a cross-country flight tomorrow, thanks to the "Secret Fit" belly.
  • Having my grandfather greet me with the words, "Hey, Fatty!" does not bother me nearly as much as I would have thought.
  • Zoos do not smell good when you've got a bionic nose.
  • Nobody, not even the future grandparents, seems to think that our ultrasound pictures areas cute as we think they are.
  • My in-laws are a lot harder to take without the benefit of alcohol.

Later this week, I hope to provide educational updates from my first full-week business trip in my, erm, condition. Should be good times!!

12 comments:

Carrie said...

Ha! I write so many bullet point posts now... we are lazy. ;)

I love everything you learned... I notice the same thing with alcohol around some people, especially if said people are hammered themselves. Your grandpa sounds like a hilarious man, but you are a good sport too.

Hugs! And thanks for the comment...

Carrie

Ashley said...

The alcohol thing is hilarious;) Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

Flower said...

Just stopping by to check on you. I hope all is well...I see u still got that sense of humor...LOL

Michele said...

Ah the bionic nose. I hear you sister! I smell smoke ALL THE TIME. And we dont smoke! And no one smokes in our house! I smell it right now and it drives me (and Peter) nuts.

MAK-now said...

You're so funny! I think most family is easier to take with an alcohol chaser ... and I don't even drinkl! LOL!

The Patterson's said...

Have a great trip! I can't wait to need maternity jeans! I've seen a lot of cute ones.

iamstacey said...

Have a great trip and keep lettin' us know what you've learned!

Parenthood For Me said...

love the part about your grandpa!

itsazooaroundhere said...

Hope your business trip is going well! Hey...I have a future Gaucho in my tummy too!

In Due Time said...

lol @ your Grandpa

I hope your cross country flight goes well.

Danifred said...

I agree with you on all points, especially the zoo part! Hope your flight goes well!
ICLW

Cassandra said...

Happy ICLW!

I'm also on a full-week business trip this week, though not my first in the pregnancy. A tip: don't be shy about demanding bathroom breaks! (Or just leave the room when you need to.) I'd also recommend keeping snacks in your bag that you can eat discreetly, in addition to a supply of water. Good luck!