When I first started traveling for work, I was really excited. How glamorous! How jet-setting! I am a woman of the world! Sometimes when I talk to other people about the traveling I do, I get comments like "Ooooo, must be sooo nice," or "How exciting!"
Um, not so much. Don't get me wrong, there are some benefits -- room service, a comfy bed that gets made for me every day, accumulation of frequent flyer miles, etc. But just in case you're feeling envious of my jet! setting! lifestyle, here are some highlights from the last couple of days:
1. Waiting in a quarter-mile-long security line, in heels, surrounded by people wearing Mickey ears. (Yes, LAX.)
2. Sitting in front of a group of college girls, who are wondering aloud if the same thing that happened to the Air France flight would happen on ours.
3. Sitting next to a very nice man with very bad gas.
3. Dropping a Southwest honey-roasted peanut down my shirt.
4. Getting stuck with my seat belt on and the most horrible case of raging pregnancy bladder.
5. Realizing that I forgot to pack clean panties.
6. Spending $25 in the hotel lobby shop for new panties.
7. Wondering if I can sneak panty purchase onto my expense report.
8. Realizing that I don't fit into a plane seat quite as comfortably as I did 3 months ago.
9. Wondering why I didn't think ahead that morning sickness + smelly cab = potential disaster, and just rent a car.
The good thing is, it's over tomorrow.
Until next week.