And the nesting bug has bitten me HARD. And it's a good thing, because we are still in the same tiny house that barely fit one kid. And because we don't have to buy all of the baby gear we did the first time, I can channel all of my nesting energy into home improvement. Which the Mr. is THRILLED about, let me tell you.
So, IKEA has been visited, paint chips have been taped and tucked in various places, rooms have been measured, and excess belongings have been (mostly) purged. Here's what we have on tap for the next 6 weeks or so (in rough chronological order):
- Paint and install crown molding in master bedroom
- Build and install wardrobes in master bedroom, move husband's clothes from room which is currently the office but will soon be a playroom
- Move desk from office/playroom to kitchen nook; move play kitchen and bookshelf from Chicklette room to office/playroom
- Install new sofa bed, rug, TV and assorted other items in playroom
- Move all toys possible from various locations in house to playroom
- Buy new toddler bed and install in Chicklette's room (she will share with #2 -- although she doesn't know that yet!)
- Install new lighting fixtures in master bedroom, playroom, dining room, kitchen
- Pray that baby doesn't come before above list is completed
So, we've got our work cut out for us. But I'm having a ball planning all of this. Will post before and after pictures if I remember!